This is exactly who we are in public sphere. Being 6 parties in 1 time.
I just knew it
that is what they call us a “prosumers”. Prosumer stands for producer and consumer which like what Ritzer and Jurgenson said it "involves both production and consumption rather than focusing just on either on production or the other one which is consumption." (Rtizer & Jurgenson, 2010) On social media, especially me, I can
say I really get attached and involved with any social media because we consume a lot of things from internet like
some benefits, information and so on. In other way we do also share what we
have through internet like uploading our datas for our personal identity. For
some cases presumption could be a good opportunity for doing business in this
new era. Like what I know, YouTube will pay someone that has massive viewers
and subscriber on particular video YouTubers.
The public sphere
itself is a domain of our social life where such a thing as public opinion can
be formed, where citizen deal with matters or general interest without being
subject to coercion to express and publicies their views. A modernist concept
because it assumes that there are core truths common to all human. Because the public sphere is not the state but public sphere belongs to
civil society and the people. Public sphere also holds the government of the
day accountable to society via the media and we also need to make sure that
media is not captured by government objectives.
But do you guys
know everything that we share on internet are under ubervaillance. Lots of
cases showed how internet has being misused and be a ‘boomerang’ for some
people because they did not use it wisely.
References
Ritzer, G, Jurgenson, N 2010, 'Production, Consumption, Prosumption: The nature of capitalism in the age of the digital prosumer', Journal of Consumer Culture.

Hi Andre, whilst reading your blog post I was a bit confused and unsure of your contention and what the purpose of the post was. I understand that you now realize that you knew that we are called ‘prosumers’ and that you have defined that, but in reading your first paragraph the topic tends to become warped. The grammar and wording of the blog post needs to be revised thoroughly and you must include links to references (which is compulsory), also on a further note I think the minimum word count for each blog post should be at least 350 words, you should continue to edit and revise your work before the final submission!
ReplyDeleteI tend to agree with Oliver in this case.
ReplyDeleteI think that the argument should have been better constructed, while it had some good points such as the 'prosumers' and your definition of it, I think that you deviated from the subject at hand when you began to talk about the public sphere.
The post needed to be revised a bit more, looking at grammar and syntax and making sure that the topic remained in the forefront of presentation throughout.
You introduced some good ideas with the public sphere, being for the people and 'without government'.
Hi, Andres. Overall, your blog post is quite enjoyable to read and containing interesting idea. In this post, I really want to praise that you defined ‘prosumer’ well. It made me understand of what exactly ‘prosumer’ means while I was a bit confused. However it’s a bit difficult to understand what you want to say. Although you pointed out we can be involved in social media, I reckon you need to more explain from the used reference. In addition, you need to expand your idea with concept, and example in the last section as these sentences does not have main point. But, you used the relevant image within this topic, and presented idea we act like prosumer by using social media.
ReplyDelete